This is a fun activity for all family members...we even got Papa involved! Isha and I collected a bag of pine cones to make mini Christmas trees to use as fun decorations and to hand out to friends for the holidays.
What you will need:
- Green Paint
- Crayola self-drying clay (similar to plaster of paris, but easier and cleaner!- Yay Crayola!)
- Glitter glue, various colors
- Items for ornament decoration (glitter pipe-cleaners, beads, etc. )
1. Go for a nature walk and collect a bunch of pinecones with your little one.
2. Paint each of the pinecones green. I have to admit, this was harder than I thought, and I had to help Isha actually paint each of the pinecone pieces individually. Sit out to dry for an hour or 2.
3. Make the clay bases. The Crayola self drying clay is so easy to work with- I rolled up small balls and and let my daughter stick the trees in the "snow" bases. It will take 12-24 hours to dry depending on how large the bases are.
4. We used glitter glue to decorate the individual leaves of the trees, it looks soo cute and shimmery when dry!